First of all, Happy New Year from everyone at Relative! We’re all so excited for the year ahead and what 2020 will bring for us individually and as a team.
With the New Year, comes New Year’s resolutions. Thought to have been started around 4,000 years ago by the Babylonians, we all know the drill – think of something you want to change and try to stick to it. But, that usually fails, with around 80% of New Year’s resolutions being broken by February.
At Relative, we’ve decided to do things differently this year, avoiding those unrealistic and repetitive New Year’s Resolutions and focusing on our Relative Marketing and Creative family.
When focusing on solo resolutions, the top three may not surprise you, with exercising more being the most common, closely followed by losing weight and eating healthier. But, as a team and family, we’ve decided to think a little creatively when it comes to our professional development goals.
That’s why, earlier in the week, we took some time to reflect on what we’d like to achieve throughout the year, what we’d like to learn and what we’d like to make happen!
We’re all pretty skilled at what we do, however, there’s always room for improvement to make 2020 our best year yet.
This is what we came up with:
- Making time each week for extensive market research to improve our SEO for clients
- Focus on building and releasing digital products
- Develop our skills in Photography, Graphic Design and Photo Retouching
- Make time for some brain space and look into mindful activities
- MAKE MORE VIDEO!
- Focus on our OWN social media content as if we’re our own client
- Attend at least three events, workshops or seminars as a team
As you can see, there’s quite a lot there. Not wanting to sound like a cliché, New Year, NEW US! After all, it’s much easier to accomplish development goals if you set them together and work as a team.
Wish us luck!